Best file cabinets
Filing papers is nobody’s favorite, but while it is a tedious and time-consuming operation, it needs to be done. Otherwise, you end up not knowing where papers are, and that can get you into trouble. Especially at work. For that, you need the best file cabinets you can get. They are not very expensive, and you see them in every office you may go. You may not like it, but they are most useful.
To be honest, you would think that in 2018 all filing would be done digitally. After all, digital has conquered every existing field. However, it seems that paper filing is still going strong. After all, papers get lost only if there is a fire, and not even then if you have a fire-retardant file cabinet, but digital storage is much more sensitive, and data is lost every single day. The point is that a filing system is something people rely on since ever, especially in some fields, and file cabinets can help very much with that.
The benefits of relying on file cabinets
While it may seem old-fashioned, a file cabinet has its own pros and cons, just like everything else. Even so, people depend on them still, and it is not difficult to see why. Here are a few reasons why you should buy a file cabinet as well.
- It can hold a lot of files without taking too much space – the more files you have to store, the bigger the file cabinet you need to buy. However, in this case, big means actually high. Let’s take as an example a file cabinet that is 18 inches wide and 14 inches deep. No matter how high it is, it occupies the same office surface. You can use that cabinet to store a significant amount of data without forfeiting your office space, and that is something.
- It can help increase productivity – people who use file cabinets generally have a filing system. It can be alphabetical, by categories, or the amount of priority. Whatever that system is, you can retrieve all the information you need in just a second. Of course, that is only possible if you have a system in place and you use it everytime you file something. Since you do not spend too much time on looking for a specific folder, you can invest that time in something else, which ultimately increases productivity.
- It prevents loss of data – a file cabinet that holds valuable information will always be at your disposal. As long as you take and put back every file, there is no way how to lose it. Of course, file cabinets can be damaged during fires, but if you buy a fire-retardant file cabinet, that is not going to happen. The point is that the information in the file cabinet cannot disappear on its own. Never.
- You can store valuable information in them – if you have some documents that require utmost secrecy, leaving them in a binder on the shelf or on your desk is dangerous. Anyone has access to them. However, a file cabinet that has a lock is very secure. I do not know if you have ever tried to force your access in a file cabinet, but they are quite challenging to break. And in no way, someone could do it without making noise and raise All your information you need to be secret will remain a secret as long as you place it in a file cabinet with a locking mechanism.
How to choose the best file cabinet
A file cabinet should not be difficult to choose. It is true that you have more options than you can count, and that can make a person confused. Even so, if you have the right information, you will make the right decision. Here is what you need to consider when looking for the best file cabinet.
- Style – there are two primary types of file cabinets you can choose from: the vertical style cabinet and the lateral style cabinet. Each of them come with their pros and cons. The vertical file cabinet is deep and tall and has 2 to 6 drawers. Such a design is ideal for limited office space, and you can store legal or letter document. They come with casters, they can be lockable, fireproof, and stackable. The lateral style file cabinet, on the other hand, is wide and short. Generally, it has only 2 drawers, and it is ideal for tight spaces. They can have pretty much the same features as the vertical file cabinet.
- Material – you must also consider the material the file cabinet is made of. The available options are metal, wood, and of course, plastic. Of course, I would never recommend plastic for your office. Plastic file cabinets are more suitable for your home to store supplies. Metal and wood, on the other hand, are very reliable. The best file cabinets made of these two materials are sturdy, durable, and efficient at keeping your files safe. They come in several colors so that they can match your office’s interior design.
- Casters – some file cabinets have casters so that they can be moved around. File cabinets on wheels are ideal for offices where more employees would need the same information, or for offices that change quarters often. A file cabinet can get heavy, and if you try to lift it, you may end up with a hernia.
- Locking options – if you have sensitive information in your office, and nobody else is granted access to them, it would be a great idea to buy a file cabinet with a lock. Some models have all their drawers lockable, while others have only one. You should go for the one that satisfies your needs.
- Stackable options – when you are buried in papers, maybe stackable file cabinets are what you need. They have nothing out of the ordinary with the exception of their construction. They are made to support heavy weights. You can place multiple units one on top of the other so that you can save some space. There is no need for half your office to be covered in file cabinets when stackable file cabinets exist.
- Fireproof cabinets – this is a safety feature that can protect the content of your file cabinet in the event of a fire. It is a UL approved feature that will maintain the temperature inside the cabinet below 350 degrees, even if the temperature outside it is 1170 degrees. It will do so for an hour, which is plenty of time for the firemen to intervene. Fireproof file cabinets are also waterproof so that the content is not damaged by water in the act of putting out the fire.
What are the best file cabinets?
Since you have all you need to know about file cabinets, it is time to make a choice. I am sure you will make the right one. Use the criteria above, and you will be able to get yourself the best file cabinet you can afford. At the same time, reading some file cabinets reviews online could not hurt. It is a plus to see what other people bought and know how they feel about their purchase. Maybe that way you can stay away from a poorly constructed file cabinet. Another option would be for you to choose one of the products below:
Space Solutions Premier Height File Cabinet
The first product I came across to and saw that it is high-quality is the one made by Space solutions. It is an excellent product that can satisfy the needs of any person who works in an office but does not have that many files to store. I say that because this particular file cabinet has only two drawers. It measures 18 inches in width, 14.2 inches in depth, and 26.5 inches in height.
This file cabinet is made of strong and durable metal. The color is black, and you every drawer is labeled. That will allow you to put in place a filing system. It has a sturdy construction, and I am sure that you will be satisfied with its durability. It may be designed for a small office, but it is reliable nonetheless. It does not have casters, which means that it is a permanent solution.
As for other features, the drawers have a smooth glide suspension. You will not have problems with jammed drawers whatsoever. They are easy to maneuver, and you cannot possibly break them. The drawers can also be locked if needed. It has only one lock, but it secures both drawers. You will receive two keys to your cabinet so that you have a spare if you lose one of them. Overall, this is a reliable and robust file cabinet, and you will find it most useful.
Lorell 3-Drawer Mobile File Cabinet
The file cabinet from Lorell is quite similar to the previous one, but there are some dissimilarities that I think you will find very useful. For one, just as the title suggests, this is a mobile file cabinet. It is equipped with 4 casters made of durable plastic so that you can move it around as you please. The wheels will definitely make that job easier.
This unit has two letter-sized drawers where you can put your folders, but it also has a small drawer on the top side where you can store office supplies and other things you see fit. As for locking options, you can use the key and lock the file cabinet, but only the two top drawers will be locked. The bottom drawer will provide easy access to anyone.
This file cabinet is also made of high-quality metal. It is durable and sturdy. I am sure that it is perfectly able to keep all your files safe and secure. The handles are made of plastic for your comfort and convenience. The drawers glide smoothly, and they will not jam either no matter how much you use them. I am sure that you will be more than satisfied with this model.
Storex 2-Drawer Mobile Filing Cabinet
Last but definitely not least, the file cabinet from Storex is yet another high-quality product that I am sure you will enjoy. It has a different design that the previous two products, but that only makes it more ‘cheerful.’ You can find it in four color combinations. I am sure that one of them will mathcyour office’s design.
The Storex file cabinet is made of durable metal that is varnished with a coating which will protect the unit against scratches, rust, and dents. The structure is so sturdy that the top can hold the weight of a standard printer. That is together with the weight of the paper, which we all know that it is not light.
The two drawers of the Storex unit are lockable, but you can lock the independently. Each of them has its own lock, and for each of them, you will get 2 keys. The drawers also have built-in label holders for your filing system. Lastly just as the title suggests, this is a mobile file cabinet, which means that it features 4 casters for easy mobility. The casters can be locked so that the cabinet stays in place.
I find all three units more than satisfactory. Even so, if I had to choose one of them, I would go with the Lorell 3-Drawer Mobile File Cabinet. It is sturdy and reliable. Plus, it has the casters and the supply drawer. I think it is one of the best file cabinets in this price range. I strongly recommend it.
Who knows how long we are going to use file cabinets? Until we will not anymore, we must rely on the best file cabinets we can find. I am sure that one of the products above will do an excellent job of keeping your folders safe and organized. You just have to pick one. Click here to buy on Amazon
- The Ultimate Large Filing Cabinets Trick
- Home Office Filing Cabinet Explained
- Want to Know More About File Cabinets on Sale?
- The Advantages of 3 Drawer File Cabinet
- The Ultimate Solution for Wood File
- Choosing Filing Cabinets Wood Is Simple
- Finding the Best Lateral File Cabinet Wood
- 4 Drawer File Cabinet – the Story
- Top Office Storage Cabinets Choices
- Who Else Is Misleading Us About Buy Filing Cabinet?
- A Easy Tip About File Cabinet Furniture Uncovered
- Legal File Cabinet – the Conspriracy
- Secret Answers to Vertical File Cabinet Revealed
- Things You Won’t Like About Filing Cabinets for Home and Things You Will
- New Questions About Rolling File Cabinet Answered and Why You Must Read Every Word of This Report
- What Every Body Is Saying About Filling Cabinet Is Dead Wrong and Why
- Office Cabinets – What Is It?
- The Filing Cabinets Cheap Pitfall
- The One Thing to Do for Oak Filing Cabinet
- Buying Home Filing Cabinet
- Facts, Fiction and Lockable Filing Cabinets
- Unanswered Questions About Two Drawer File Cabinet That You Should Know About
- Buying Black Filing Cabinet
- Where to Find File Drawer
- The Incredible Details About Filing Cabinets for Sale Most People Don’t Know About
- The True Story About Lateral File Cabinet That the Experts Don’t Want You to Hear
- Top Advice on Metal Filing Cabinet
- Read What the Experts Think About White Filing Cabinet
- The New Angle On 2 Drawer File Cabinet Just Released
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Office Filing Cabinets
- The Run Down on Locking File Cabinet Revealed
- Dirty Facts About Wood File Cabinet Uncovered
- Whatever They Told You About Cheap Filing Cabinets Is Dead Wrong…And Here’s Why
- Small Filing Cabinet – the Conspriracy
- Why Everyone Is Talking About Filing Cabinets and What You Should Do